The Presidential Task Force (PTF) ON COVID-19 has urged survivors of Coronavirus infection in the country to share their experiences to deepen awareness of the pandemic.
The Minister of State for Health, Sen. Olorunimbe Mamora, made the call in Abuja on Tuesday during the PTF daily briefing on COVID-19.
Mamora said that Nigerians would be better informed about the disease if survivors would freely share their experiences with others.
“It will reduce the doubts about the virus. It will make everybody know that the virus is real and that Nigerians need to stay safe,” he said.
The minister expressed worries that the outbreak of Coronavirus had affected the daily routine of Nigerians in different ways.
He said that the Federal Government has continued to deploy Rapid Response Teams in support of infected people in affected states.
Mamora urged Nigerians to practice hand and respiratory hygiene, avoid mass gathering and put on a face mask at all times.
“The government is currently on active case search to tackle community transmission. Efforts are also ongoing to intensify grassroot communication on COVID-19.
“We need to avoid mass gatherings, wear protective masks, wash our hands regularly or use hand sanitisers,” he said.
The COVID-19 infections have been confirmed in 24 states and the FCT.
The 38 new confirmations are 23 in Kano, five in Gombe, three in Kaduna, two in Borno and Abia and FCT, Sokoto and Ekiti have one case each.
A total of 22 deaths have been recorded so far, and 188 people have recovered from COVID-19 in Nigeria and discharged.
Leave a Reply